17/10/2013

An Opinion: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR





As I'm sure you've all heard, Maybelline released a range of "24 hour" eye colours. They retail for £4.99 which is a complete bargain. I had been eager to pick one up for a while now and I finally got round to it. The one I chose is in the shade "On & On Bronze". As you can see from the photos this shade isn't matte at all and it certainly isn't bronze, it's a gorgeous cool-toned brown.

This product is an absolute dream to apply. I simply get a small amount of product on my finger and dab it onto my eyelids to pack on the colour, then I blend it up into my crease. I think my favourite thing  is how seamlessly it blends and the fact that I don't need a brush at all.

I love to use this all over my eye with a bit of eyeliner and mascara and I'm ready to head out. However, other shadows can easily blend into it if you wanted a more interesting look. Its a really nice base under other eyeshadows too.

With regards to it lasting 24 hours I have to put my hands up and say that it doesn't, although who keeps their makeup on for THAT long anyway?! I personally get very oily eyelids throughout the day so maybe it will last a little longer on people with dryer skin. That being said, with a primer underneath it does wear for up to 10 hours without creasing.

Overall I highly recommend these shadows and will definitely be buying more of these, they're perfect for a lazy girl like me who would rather spend an extra five minutes in bed than getting ready for college.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.
Dillon Alexandra xo

No comments :

Post a Comment